Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Blog

I have finally gotten the 'prego bug'. Let me explain:

When we first found out we were pregnant we were excited and happy, but it just seemed surreal. I didn't want to get my hopes up, and the truth is having another baby is a huge step and is a little scary. I had just lost all my baby fat and was not looking forward to getting even more stretch marks and looking awkward for however many months. Because of this I tried not to think of being pregnant, but instead tried to force through the days and the morning sickness and mood swings and just deal with the symptoms. We didn't tell anyone for the first few months, so it was easy to forget (as much as you can with the pregnancy symptoms) and not think about. When we decided to tell the family I was scared to death, and tried hard to talk James out of it. I was already getting a tummy by Thanksgiving (yeah, crazy!), but I was not quite ready for the judgmental comments from people (our baby wasn't even a year old when we got pregnant again). We knew we wanted to have babies close together, but once it actually happened I really didn't want to hear all the "Oh, following in your mothers footsteps are we?" and "Don't these kids know about birth control?" and "What are they thinking?" talks. (Which did happen, by the way.)

But once it was out in the open and people started to talk about it to us the more relaxed I feel and the more excited I have become about being pregnant and welcoming another baby into our home. I even find myself looking at tiny babies again and telling James "Can you believe we're going to have one of those in another six months?"

So now that I have finally gotten the 'prego bug' as I'd like to call it I decided to start up another blog that is exclusively for the baby (or babies - J.L. may end up on here too) and fun information that I have found and feel like sharing about pregnancy.

There are a lot of things I want to learn more about and I'm sure there are other mothers out there who would like to as well. I just didn't want to clutter up the other blogs so much. We'll see how it goes and decide if I'll keep it or not. It's just an option.

Feel free to leave a comment if you're interested in the blog. I'm not certain whether or not I will make it public or go private. I guess it depends on what ends up on the blog. But if you are interested let me know in case I do end up going private so I make sure you are invited to view it. Thanks.

1 comment:

Beatrice said...

Aaah Michelle...I hear ya. Isn't that annoying, when people are so judgmental sometimes? When I got pregnant with Lionel I was soo scared to tell people for the same reasons. And yes, we did too get comments like, "What are they thinking?" don't they know about birth control? And a lot of people assumed right away that it wasn't a planned pregnancy. It was a planned pregnancy and we wanted our kids close together. I wish people could keep their thoughts to themselves sometimes. I love your blog btw!