We've been accused, or more appropriately questioned, by a few friends and family members on whether we actually know the baby's sex and are choosing not to share it with them. I know it's not a laughing matter, seeing as how couples actually do decide to do that... but to me if you know the sex of the baby it seems a little cruel to keep others out of the loop. And why would you want to keep that information to yourself unless a family member didn't want to know or something of that nature?... I'm sure they have their reasons, but when people ask me if we are just 'not telling people' I do get a little offended... If I knew, you could bet I would be shouting it out to everyone. Knowing the gender is an exciting thing! I would want to share the news with people, not just keep it to myself and be a snob about it. C'mon.
Needless to say, we honestly don't have an accurate guess of what the baby is. I've already shared what information we have concerning 'guesses' by technicians, so what you know is what we know.
Quick summary in case you missed it: Our second ultrasound, at 16 weeks, the technician told us she was not making an accurate guess because she couldn't tell if she was looking at an umbilical chord or the gender - but she said if she had to guess she would say GIRL!... Even though I wanted to take the guess as accurate, we both knew it obviously wasn't. So before our 20 week ultrasound we both made our guesses on the baby. I had always thought girl, James had been saying boy. We made the somewhat rash decision to keep it a surprise a few days (for James it was THE day) before our ultrasound, but at our third ultrasound the technician did nothing to tell us to look away, even after asking him to... So all the times we thought we saw feet we turned away, but not before you see random things. He referred to the baby as a HE the entire second half of the ultrasound, which drove me crazy. So I was CERTAIN it was a BOY and almost gave in to just 'find out'. James, on the other hand, talked me out of it because he felt now maybe it was a girl - and he believed the technician when he said he called all babies as 'he's' in the ultrasound.
Sooo, we still have a sealed envelope in our home, we didn't peek at our fourth ultrasound we had this month, and we still have the baby's gender up in the air. Sorry... we can't really give hints since we REALLY don't know. :)
Hypnobabies Blog has Moved to New Location!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment